6.26.2026

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt [The Double-Style Chop]--REQUESTED

Download link for tape is below the Audiomack module.

Shoutout to DJ AJ Lee, he and one other person vouched that I should go ahead and chop this tape. Happy 30 years, Reasonable Doubt! I'll introduce Jay-Z into my catalogue by chopping up his most critically acclaimed rap album based on ratings and not sales. Same with Illmatic, I brought clean and inspired chops to this project...however unlike Illmatic...this project I added a special bonus.

The 2nd half of the tape is Tho'ed & Po'ed Up. What does that mean?

1. The beat is slower
2. There's less crossfades but lean more into the full crossfade chop effect rather than the half crossfade chop you all are accustomed to from me.
3. Less scratch repeats. They'll still be in there, but the whole mix is considered and only up to 2 repeat cycles on a song
4. More beat blends to maintain the vibe and strengthen transitions
5. Intentional scratch and mellow tech on transitions in addition to beat blends or echos, and finally
6. an aim to pay true homage to Michael Watts and DJ Screw chop styles by slowing it down fr and focusing on the tracks themselves.

Give it a listen and let me know your thoughts!! I have other tapes planned for the Tho'ed & Po'ed Up style, and I can't wait to put out the It's Tho'ed Foo, Vol. 1 tape hosted by SHVNOBI in the near future! For now, enjoy the Hov project chopped & screwed by PTR's DJ Howie:

Audiomack Playlist:

Cover edited by DJ Howie, no AI used

Jay-Z — Reasonable Doubt (The Double-Style Chop)
PTR DJ Howie aka DJ Howie "The Mixxiya"

Original Release Date: June 26, 2026

Track List:

1. Don't Knock the Hustle [Chopped & Throwed]
2. Brooklyn's Finest
[Chopped Heavy & Throwed]
3. 22 Two's [Chopped Heavy & Throwed]
4. Coming of Age [Chopped & Throwed]
5. Friend or Foe [Chopped & Throwed]
6. Bring it On [Chopped Heavy & Throwed]
7. Cashmere Thoughts [Chopped & Throwed]
8. D'evils [Throwed, Some Chopped]
9. DJ Talk V: Style Interlude
10. Dead Presidents [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
11. Feelin' It [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
12. Politics as Usual [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
13. Regrets [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
14. Can I Live [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
15. Can I Live II [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]
16. Ain't No Nigga [Tho'ed & Po'ed Up]

No comments:

Post a Comment